Thursday, June 30, 2016

Easy Set Dogproof Raccoon Trap

I set up a couple of these traps last night because I knew there were still raccoons slinking around at night.  They like to sneak in the garage and try to steal feed, and of course, they like trying to get inside the coop.  They have been getting quite bold.  A couple days ago I actually stood a mere 15' away from one that was sneaking around before dark!  I placed baby marshmallows near the traps and some inside.  I was not sure if I would need more bait, but I wanted to try out marshmallows first because I did not want to spend more money than I needed to.  The marshmallows I set around both traps were gone, but only one trap was set off.

1 comment:

Doomfinger said...

The problem is keeping my cats away. Sometimes I can keep them inside, sometimes not.

I keep the dog inside.